Monday, October 16, 2006

Where are those one-liners?

Today’s Fuck, I was Hoping for a Good Excuse Not to Go to This Thing: So I do get a comped ticket. So that’s means I’ll only be paying $25 for M to come see me read. And really, I wish someone else was going with me. Not because of M personally, it’s just a very intimate thing to read a poem in front of people and I’m not sure M fully knows that side of me. It’s going to be weird. I don’t really want to go at all now that I’m thinking about it. But let’s get this clear: It’s rude to not show up when you are a winner of an award to the award ceremony itself, correct? And second question: Would anyone like to come? 29th @ 6pm… Let me know.

Today’s If Only We Lived Forever: Last nite, I had a hard time falling asleep b/c I was thinking about dying. One day, I’m going to die. And there’s nothing I can do about that. Weird. Don’t act like you don’t think about it. Oh. You don’t. Well then. Um. You will die so you should.

Today’s Dilemma: I can do pilates on campus for $3 a class. I’d have to stay late in Worc and change clothes and be awkward in a room full of people I don’t know. OR I can continue to pay $10-12 a class for yoga. With the world’s most understanding and relaxing instructor, a stone’s throw from my apt, with Caitlin, who shows up periodically and other people I kinda know b/c we all continue to go to the same class.

Today’s Aches and Pains: I helped my bro stack wood yesterday and my back muscle behind my right kidney hurts like a mother fucker.

Today’s Report on Wkd Progress:

Fri got to RI in record time. Waited on stoop for K to get out of shower with packed bags while neighbors gave me weary looks. Went to Mystic, CT to get dinner and drinks. Saw Jaime Lynn. Check. And more than enough random boys from my past to last at least a couple of weeks. (Side note: one is now handicapped and usually I’m weird around handicapped people but for some reason, it was normal as apple pie to me to just like, put my feet up in his lap. Maybe cuz I knew him before his accident, but still… I’m making progress on that.) Saved about $15 in drinks and dessert from restaurant that JL waitresses at and then saved about $10 in post drinks cuz JL paid tab. Sweet.

Sat made it to Newport despite being tired as hell and rolling on about 5 hours of sleep. Bought killer black sweater from Express. Had a nice little lunch with some friends from college. Little being that I had 3 shrimp for $20. Split a giant bag of kettle corn popcorn with K and drank water like it was the best in the world. Drove home and watched Shopgirl on On-demand. Ate more kettle corn. Went to bed early b/c M stood me up.

Sun woke up late and had protein packed breakfast since I barely ate a thing on Sat. Went to moms and spent quality time with Murph and he took a nap in my lap as I watched TV. Got up and cleaned out my closet and some of my room. Not even 60% finished yet. That is a serious project. So dusty in every corner on everything. Clothes that were clean are now dirty b/c they were sitting on a laundry basket for 5 months with nothing to do. Walked Murph. Helped my bro stack wood. Did laundry. Went grocery shopping. Watched Elf. That movie starts out so funny and ends so cheesy. Ate more kettle corn.

Whew. Can you see why I’m exhausted?

Today after work I’m going back to the old job to get a contract in place. I’ll be working some mornings as a consultant to the new girl. Consultant pay – waking up an hour early = worth it.

Okbye.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll come to your poetry thingy. I fit in well at those things. When is it?

Anonymous said...

dude i'll come to your poem thing too. let me know.