Friday, February 23, 2007

Is he Bledsoe-ish?

Someone please explain the intense loyalty and love that I feel for Lefty.

http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/6496204?MSNHPHMA

Is it because I'm a lefty too? Because I love golf? Because he kinda looks like my brother in law? Why is it that I feel such a strong emotional bond to this guy and - whether he wins or loses, I feel it too?

I dunno. I just love the dude. I even gave him my own personal - not at all intentionally insulting - nickname because it actually comes from the very first time I started watching actual golf majors on TV: Man-breasts. Sure, he has em, but its really a term of endearment. And I would do ANYTHING to be able to see him play in person. He just has the best attitude I have ever seen on a golf course - Perhaps I should rename him: Perma-grin. And let's be honest, that shit is HARD to do... nevermind do with a smile. Golf is humbling. It can easily make you feel like an asshole. Easily.

It's Friday and I'm thankful that I can leave here at 5pm and see my girls - Amy, Caitlin and I are having dinner (and drinking together for the first time since Amy got pregnant almost a year ago) and participating in some sort of makeup party - ARBONNE.com? Amy, since becoming a mom, has now gotten into the all-natural phase of life, whereas she used to be a Taco Bell/throw your trash out the window kind of gal. She told me that regular mascara uses - get a barf bag ready for this girls - BAT SHIT as the main ingredient to make that clumpy black goo for your eyelashes. I, personally, do not and have never worn mascara because my eyelashes are already really big. I would look like a clown if I wore mascara... but this disgusts me none the less. And just to really send the message home - look up the word for bat shit online and then look in the ingredients of your favorite mascara. And let me know how that goes... I havent done it yet. Real hard hitting journalist that I am... but I am very curious to see it proved right or wrong.

The thing is that I believe it. Makeup companies get away with murder! Some of the chemicals that they actually put in makeup causes cancer! How do I know this? www.safecosmetics.org

So enjoy that for now... I have to try to start my feature story on AIDS in Africa. Two things that I know absolutely nothing about.

3 comments:

marcellus wallus said...

Oooh...I love that website. Cosmetics basically blow, I guess, as well as most shampoos, soaps, and lotions...
Did you know that tooth fillings are also toxic? There is a wholistic dentistry movement uncovering the facts...I dont know much about it yet.

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure you're a better journalist than I am. but in my defense, I'm not a reporter...lol

Anonymous said...

Dude, I can totally hook you up with Africa. Anything you want to know. No joke.