Thursday, February 22, 2007

Refund me.

Got my taxes done last night and was slightly amused when my accountant proudly acknowledged that I am now the "Big Cheese" (because of my new job title). Then I was even more amused when he said that I was getting the biggest tax refund I have ever gotten. Could that be because I MADE more money than ever? (Hello? Yes.)

Seriously. Working to live, people.

In other news, I have found myself asking the question: Am I cheap?

When you try to save money, you inevitably become kind of obsessed with money. Every penny you start to pinch a little bit harder because you can really see what your money goes to. You can see where you lose the most and practically throw it down the drain. But what I dont want to become is one of those obnoxious people who actually TALKS about money all the time... especially when asked by friends to do stuff. That is becoming a real problem for me. I dont want to be cheap. So I'm going to try harder at striking a pose somewhere between penny pincher and money flusher. Its there somewhere...

I am also going to just get this out there - as I told the seed yesterday - folks, I have arm fat. BFF, seriously. Just wait til you come home because I will show you this. I have never in my life had arm fat and now I have it. Its like it happened overnight. And I might be crazy but I honestly think it has something to do with the fact that perhaps my breasts are sinking to my knees - slowly, no doubt, but its happening. If I can feel aging happening at 27, someone needs to knock me out at 30.

I just only hope that once the warm weather hits and I'm able to golf - being my own caddy, of course and not riding in a cart - mountain bike, hike in the Quabbin, and kayak the arm fat will disappear again. I have not walked or done anything physical in over 3 weeks. So if the next time you see me, I am suddenly morbidly obese… you’ll know why. Blame the weather!

I think I’m going to retire from winter next year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew I was getting old when I realized I needed eye cream like I needed oxygen. ughhhhh!!!!

Anonymous said...

Amen to the hibernation. And you do NOT have arm fat.