Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentines Day

Yesterday I woke up to snow, sleet, freezing rain, a snuggly M, who had called in to work by 5:44am, and a dozen long stemmed roses in the living room.

OBV, it was meant to be a snow day and so we decided to drive 30 minutes even farther into the storm and go skiing at Wachusett Mountain.

OBV.

The place was dead. There was hardly anyone there so we took full advantage and got our money's worth in less than 5 hours. It was great. And - drum roll - I did jumps. Plural. I love it. but my legs? Not so much. Who knew I had such out of shape legs?

Work suddenly feels very overwhelming. If only I had approx 2 more hours each day to myself. It feels like it eats so much of my energy right up. When 5pm rolls around, I feel like a ball of brain mush. And then I have to homework.

Oh and last night I got to see my nephew, who I love more and more each time I see him. Even though Amy kept on repeating, "Poop in the dipe!"

Seriously. You did poop in the dipe, kid. Ring the bells.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, there is nothing better than your honey on a Valentine's Day snow day. Thank god for Jeeps.

Anonymous said...

How did the whipping winds treat you? I'm so jealous you got to get out on real snow AND do jumps AND with M.
I got stuck working and shoveling the day away. :(

Leeanne said...

I worked the morning shift from my house and then crawled into bed. Flowers were waiting for me at work Thursday. Would have been so much easier if he'd just sent them here...sigh, oh well, they were pretty