Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Editorials

Last night, right before I closed my eyes, it dawned on me: I'm in my own reality TV show.

Isnt that what is so appealing to you about my blogs? The similarities are kinda striking. It's a snippet of my life, a snapshot. You get to view it from the 4th wall, judging, struggling to relate, laughing, shaking your head in confusion, or whatever it is you all do.

In fact, its kind of liberating. Not in the way that is that horrible, terrible, filthy show - Bad Girls Club. But the truth is, I get to edit it. And I edit it to make myself look a certain way, right? Who wouldnt?

I edit out the arguments, the trips to the bathroom, the procrastination at work, the car rides, the picking out my daily outfit.

I edit out my post-shower routine that takes 20 minutes, the wood stove, shoveling, garbage, manicures, dirty pans.

It's all edited.

And I think that's best.

I mean, I wouldn't want you to know everything. Everyone needs a little mystery. And truth be told, there's some not really frustration, but for lack of a better word i'll use it, on my part to put some things out there for public consumption - and to get nothing back. It's a strange thing, this blogging. There is no reward. No post-show reunion, no dream job offers in the entertainment world. Nothing.

Last night, I realized all the responsibilities I already have are only going to increase - esp when/if I get my own home and if my brother in law gets this job in AK. At times, I cant handle it all. So I do what any normal person would do, I pick fights. And make no logical sense whatsoever in said fights.

Yesterday I woke up, walked the dog, did the wood stove, got ready for work, drove to work, worked. Then I got home, sorted out everyone's mail, fed the dog, fed the cat, walked the dog, emptied the ash bucket, stacked some wood to dry near the stove, got the fire going again, and made everyone omelets. Then I cleaned up the kitchen, emptied the fridge for a dump run, went to the dump with all the recycling, and went grocery shopping. Then I walked Murph again in the rainy snow, showered, got into a fight, and prepared to do it all over again.

It is any wonder I dont veer off 122?

If I didnt edit that down for you every day, into the funny parts, the likeable parts, you wouldn't have this link bookmarked.

4 comments:

marcellus wallus said...

haha, but you DON'T edit your daily outfit pickings! How many times have I read about what you are wearing to work? Many. But I like it.

Alexia said...

You're like Bravo: watch what happens.

Anonymous said...

it's the way you write it all that makes it compelling!

Anonymous said...

This is exactly what I'm talking about! My blogs usually felt like that last para. there. I'm learning and one day I just might get it but in the meantime don't give up on me. Sorry about all the catch comments. :)