Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Quick Note

Know what I noticed today? I have one earring hole that is lower than the other one. You cant really tell with the naked eye, but I have decided that my earring holes are officially not equal.

And know what else I noticed? My self-absorption has hit new heights, or depths, depending on your perception of the whole thing.

I also bought some Vincent Longo nude SPF 20 lipstick that I've been dreaming of since seeing it in Elle magazine and Makeup Forever concealer because unless you've been living under a rock, you know I'm having severe skin issues. Sephora is crack.

Someone please stop me. I've fallen into a shopping compulsion pattern that I just cant seem to get out of. I think it may be PMS. The hormones do something crazy to my ability to be rational and save money - ie, $23 lipstick seems totally reasonable - who needs that house!!! It's as if the future is meaningless anyway so I might as well just help myself to some instant gratification. And with plummeting self-esteem (I feel obese today), I try to fill the empty void that is consumerism's folly - ie if I just buy that cute new shirt, I'll feel better about the world at large even though it was mass produced in a sweatshop by little Indonesian children!!!!

You know the drill. Or at least, I hope you do.

Tell me what makes you start shopping like that - and eventually what leads you to stop. Because really, I have gone at least a few months with no real binges like this and I cant imagine what triggered it or what eventually made me wake up and stop last time - well, probably my bank account slapped me in the head. But help me out.

Spill.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think its because I told you to go shopping!! so.. stop shopping